A group of certified installers got together in early 2006 with the purpose of forming an association. By July of that year, after several meetings with 30 or so other installers, they formed a steering committee which chose a name, elected a board of directors and registered the association as a corporation.
OWSIM Inc. is an association formed to represent certified installers of onsite wastewater management systems in the Province of Manitoba. Our mandate is to maintain a high standard of ethics regarding the workmanship of our members and to ensure responsible stewardship of the environment. We focus on providing direct and indirect services and benefits which are not readily available to our members individually including ongoing liaison with Manitoba Conservation.
a) To work with government organizations by assisting in the design and approval of onsite wastewater systems that will ensure responsible stewardship of our environment
b) To research and evaluate new technologies relevant to the industry
c) To assist in and encourage the training of certified installers and new installers by helping to create and maintain instructional programs in cooperation with Manitoba Conservation
4. Benefits of membership
- a discounted membership rate on our training courses
- information sharing at membership meetings and updates through emails
- liaison with supplier members who offer their expertise & participate in our Trade Show
- ongoing liaison with MB Conservation
- liaison with parallel associations in B.C., Alberta & Ontario
- liaison with the AMM, the MHBA & the MHCA
- having a voice in the direction of the onsite wastewater industry in Manitoba
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 771-0455 or write to us at:
Box 386 Stonewall, MB R0C 2Z0
About OWSIM Inc.